Royal Caribbean International has announced a multi-MILLION-dollar investment in its destination of CocoCay.
New Features at CocoCay, Bahamas
In one of the company’s most ambitious projects yet, Royal Caribbean has unveiled its new Perfect Day Island Collection, a series of unrivaled and exclusive private island destinations around the world.
Perfect Day at CocoCay, is a $200 million transformation of the cruise line’s existing private island in The Bahamas.
- Thrill Waterpark, featuring two water towers with 13 slides including the 135-foot-tall Daredevil’s Peak, a large wave pool, and a kid-friendly obstacle course pool.
- Oasis Lagoon freshwater pool with a swim-up bar and in-pool loungers.
- A 1,600-foot zip line that crisscrosses the island at up to 50 feet high
- A helium balloon, dubbed Up, Up and Away, floats up to 450 feet above the ground.
- Two specially designed beaches: Chill Island for the ultimate beach escape complete with cabanas and daybeds, and the action-packed South Beach with volleyball, basketball, soccer, paddle boarding, glass-bottom kayaking, and zorbing in an inflatable zorb ball.
- Coco Beach Club will offer an upscale island experience that features overwater cabanas.
Royal Caribbean ships departing from New York, Maryland, and Florida will call at Perfect Day at CocoCay. The island transformation will roll out in phases beginning September 2018 with the completion of a new pier, and by spring 2019 the majority of the island’s experiences will be open. Coco Beach Club, is set to open November 2019 as the final phase. Additional Perfect Day Island Collection destinations in Asia, Australia, and the Caribbean will be announced at a later date.
“It’s true that our ships are technological and engineering marvels in their own right and offer a multitude of unexpected experiences,” said Michael Bayley, president and CEO of Royal Caribbean International. “But our destinations are an equally important part of the cruise vacation.”
Adding to recently announced digital innovations, including frictionless check-in, stateroom technology, and a new mobile app, Royal Amplified is Royal Caribbean’s $900 million commitment to reimagining its fleet through a new modernization effort.
Spanning 10 ships in four years, the program will touch every facet of the guest experience and introduce a wide range of innovative features and bold, new experiences, including specialized pool spaces, experiential dining and nightlife concepts, and first-of-its-kind attractions like Sky Pad, an out-of-this-world virtual reality, bungee trampoline experience.
Weekend Getaways Reimagined
Royal Caribbean’s increased popularity among millennials, who opt for more frequent and often shorter vacations, resulted in the line amping up its short Caribbean getaways. Mariner of the Seas has undergone a $90 million modernization adding new thrills and spaces, before setting sail for 3- and 4-night cruises from Miami. Sister ship Navigator of the Seas will follow in 2019, and receive an even more extensive modernization before joining Mariner of the Seas to offer short escapes. In 2019, both ships will call extensively on Perfect Day at CocoCay.
Photos: Royal Caribbean International
We at Getaway Dreams Come True Travel will assist you in crafting your lifetime memories cruise, be it with Royal Caribbean visiting CocoCay or another line which also has private islands. To schedule your Vacation Planning Session, please call 724.752.2655.
You may wish to view additional blog posts as follows: